416-979-7444 info@swcpas.ca


US Tax Accounting


US Tax Accounting

If you are a US citizen or green card holder living and working in Canada, you will still need to file a US tax return. The IRS expects you to file a return every year, no matter where you are living or where you earn your income. This can get confusing for American citizens who just recently moved to Canada as the Canadian and US tax systems are completely different.

You would need to keep track of when each country requires you to file your taxes. You will also need to keep track of the different forms you need to fill out to accurately file your taxes in Canada and the US. As you know, the IRS takes taxes very seriously, which adds even more stress to your tax season. One small mistake could result in you getting audited, which is a whole different headache all together.

Get your free analysis and let our professional accountants help you

Certified Professional Accountants

Let our trusted team at S & W LLP Chartered Professional Accountants handle your US tax preparations. We have the knowledge and expertise working with the US tax system to prepare and file your US taxes accurately and on time.

Not a US citizen / resident? We also offer regular tax planning services for Canadian individuals and business owners.

Reduce the US Tax stress

Reduce the stress that the tax season brings and refocus your mind on getting comfortable living in Canada, call us today for more information about your US tax situation or to schedule a free consultation.

Contact Us

Tell us about your accounting / tax planning needs